It is narrated that when Hazrat Hussain Radiallah Tala Anhu was born Rasoolullah Peace be upon him said the Adhan in his ear and He put his own blessed Luab (Saliva) in the mouth of Hazrat Hussain Radiallah Tala Anhu and made Dua for him. (Khutbate Muharram by Faqihe Millat Mufti Jalalud Deen Ahmad Amjadi.)
Welcoming a New Born Baby:
The baby should be given ghusl upon birth and the umbilical cord should be cut immediately.
Adhan for a newly born baby:
New born child should hear the Zikr of Allah upon their arrival into this world. After the baby is born the Adhan should be said in the right ear and the Takbeer (Iqamah) should be said in the left ear by anyone who is able to say the adhan of the salah such as the father. This sould be done as soon as possible.
1) The Moaz’zin (the one who recites Adhan and Takbeer) should face the Qibla.
2) Place the baby in front of Moaz’zin in a way that the RIGHT ear faces him.
3) Muaz'zin recite the Adhan which is said for the daily salat.
4) Now place the baby in front of Moaz’zin in a way that the LEFT ear faces him.
5) This time Muaz'zin recite the Iqama which is said before the Jama’at.
Giving the baby their first sweet (Gurti):
It is stated in Tafseere Roohul Bayan that the first one giving the sweet to the child has a certain effect on the child that the child develops habits similar to his/hers. It is Sunnah to have the Tahneek of the child. Tahneek is when a Salih and Pious person bites or chews on Khurma (Date) and gives it to the baby so that the first nourishment that reaches the child is Khurma and from the mouth of a Salih person. The Sahabae Ikram would get Tahneek of their children done by The Beloved Messenger of Allah, Hadrat Muhammade Mustafa, Nabi Sallal Laho Alaihi Wasallam. (Islami Zindagi by Hakeemul Ummat Mufti Ahmad Yar Khan Naeemi.)