As I'm sure you'll have understood from the Introduction to Sufism the path towards Allah (swt) is based upon a purification process.
There are, as one might expect, many different types of purification processes. All based upon the Remembrance of Allah (swt), Sharia, Sunnah, Discipline & Love.
Some of these purification methods became very popular and were replicated from generation to generation of Sufi Masters which continue to this day.
These purification methods are known as Sufi Orders. There are four famous Sufi Orders around the world and they were all named after the Sheikh who founded the purification process.
The four famous Sufi Orders are:
- Qadiri: named after Hadhrat Sheikh Sayyid Abdul Qadir Jilani al-Hasanii al-Husainii
- Chisti: named after Hadhrat Khwaja Abu Ishaq Chisti made famous by Khwaja Muinuddeen Chisti (Khwaja Gareeb Nawaaz)
- Soharwardi: named after Hadhrat Sheikh Umar Suharwardi &
- Naqshabandi: named after Hadhrat Bahawudeen Naqshabandi
Alhamdulillah we follow sinsila Owasiah which means are Golden chain is Prophet Muhammad (Saw) Then Shaykh Banaras Owaisi our kamal shiekh. In our sinsila all knowledge is bestowed upon indvisual from our beloved Prophet from the command of Allah (Swt).
The first three sufi orders, Qadiri, Chisti, Soharwardi trace their root back to Hadhrat Ali (r.a) whilst the Naqshbandi Chain traces its root back to Hadhrat Abu bakr Siddiq (r.a).
There are other numerous Sufi orders which are also valid and trace their way back to the Holy Prophet (saw) but these four represent the most popular and the most well known. It should be noted that all Sufi Orders, along with their respective Sheikh's who represent them, should be respected and revered at all times..
We at SilsilaOwaisi.com follow the Owaisi.
For informational purposes one should note that:
- From the time of Hazrat Abu Bakr Siddiq to the time of Hazrat Bayazid Bustami this chain was known as as-Siddiqia.
- From Hazrat Bayazid to the time of Syedina Abdul Khaliq it was called at-Tayfuria.
- From the time of Syedina Abdul Khaliq to the time of Hazrat Syedina Shah Naqshband it was called the Khwajagaania.
- From the time of Syedina Shah Naqshband till now it is known as Naqshbandia.
- From the time of Hazrat Owaisi Qarni till now it is known as Owaisi